Hello…is this thing on!?
What a year! I’m the type that really enjoys roller coasters and I have to admit nothing has come close to the drop that 2020 had coming right out of the gates!
I imagine all of us running into 2020 with the “this is my year!” Mantra and none of us saw the cliff right over the hill!
If you’re reading this you made it though. Welcome to the next level.
This happened this year—I went to Disney for the first time and I took a picture that had some meaning to me.
I’m a deep thinker so I often think into things and look for a “lesson” in it.
On my Instagram I wrote a short post about the Play-doh company and how Play-doh the toy came to be.
Right now it’s more about Mr. Potato Head. I think about how he comes apart and can be put back together, and I can’t help but think of us as a people being a lot like a Mr. Potato Head after 2020.
It’s been a stretch and the future is fuzzy at best.
We have the ability to put ourselves back together piece by piece though, and what I think will make us stronger is the people we chose to surround ourselves with.
I hope that you’ll take me with you into the new year. I hope that I will share a message that adds value and contributes in a positive way to your life as you begin to put it back together.
I am committed to the endeavor of spreading positive vibes for positive minds!
For starters I’ve started to learn how to do better online and get the message to more people.
I made my very first YouTube video, and shared the link at the very top of this blog.
In the video I share the “5 steps to a happier you” which I’ll write out briefly here:
1. Smile: Smiling physically helps to put you in a better mental state.
2. Listen to happy music: What we listen to we think about, and what we think about influences our emotions
3. Take time for yourself: To give 100% you have to be at 100%. Take time to recharge your soul.
4. Laugh often: Laughing relaxes the whole body, boosts the immune system, releases endorphins and even burns calories
5. Be active: Emotions are just energy in motion. To change the emotion sometimes all we need to do is change the motion.
If you choose to watch it and have some feedback to offer or simply just like the video I’d be really happy to hear from you.
I hope you bring the new year in strong with a smile on your face and that what ever challenges you face—you never give them the pleasure of seeing you down.
Positive vibes, for positive minds.
Happy new year!